Help us to make this project better by contributing. Whether it’s new features, bug fixes, or simply improving documentation, your contributions are welcome. Please start with logging a JIRA and submit a pull request.
Before you contribute, please review these guidelines to help ensure a smooth process for everyone. Thanks :).
JIRA Steps plugins is licensed under Apache License, Version 2.0
- Please browse our existing issues before logging new issues.
- Check that the issue was not already fixed in the
- Open an issue with a descriptive title and a summary.
- Please be as clear and explicit as you can in your description of the issue.
- Include any relevant code in the issue summary.
- Follow Standard procedures in contributing to open source projects on Github.
- Fork the project.
- Use a feature branch.
- Add good commit messages.
- Use the same coding conventions as the rest of the project. This project is using Google StyleGuide.
- Download StyleGuides from Github.
- Commit locally and push to your fork until you are happy with your improvements.
- Make sure to add tests and verify all the tests are passing when merging upstream.
- Add an entry to the Change Log accordingly.
- Squash commits before merging to master.
- Open a pull request.
- The pull request will be reviewed by the community and merged by the project committers.
- Fork the repository.
- Clone the forked repository.
- Make the code changes.
- Add Tests
- Open a pull request directly from the forked repository.
- Spin up docker instances for JIRA and JENKINS locally or install JIRA and JENKINS on your machine.
- Configure Jenkins
mvn packagefrom command line or terminal.
- jira-steps-plugin.hpi file can be found in target folder of the project.
- Install plugin manually using .hpi file in jenkins.
- Test your functionality.
- It helps reviewers if the screenshots of these evidences are added in the pull request.
Note: This plugin requires
JDK 1.8 and
latest maven version to build.
- This plugin currently using github pages site and Hugo for hosting the project documentation.
- Documentation can be updated in
- Install hugo
brew install hugo.
- Navigate to hugo foloder
- Pull the docdock submodule
git submodule update --init --force.
- Start hugo
hugo server -D.
- Local site should be available at http://localhost:1313/jira-steps-plugin/.
- Change the content as needed and the changes should refresh automatically (if not refresh web page).